The Lateral Compliance Device provides compensation for misalignment in X-Y axis with no rotation or Z axis compliance. Almost "free floating" due to very low friction forces of the roller bearings supports. Usually used with "Z-Axis" compliance or Remote Center Compliance, to facilitate insertion at assembly, palletizing, or machine load-unload. If shocks are to be expected, the use of an ULS Robot Overload Limiter is advised. The locking cylinder centers the tool plate and secures the unit during Robot rapid movement.
- Specifically designed for wide compensation movements
- Tolerance compensation with position offset in x-y direction up to + / - 25 mm
- Compensation takes place without force
- Prevents wedging and jamming when inserting and removing workpieces
- Protects robots and automatic assembly machines against wear
- Combinable with Z-axis compliance device
- Individual adaptation to customer specific problems is possible