The vacuum compatible M-811 is a miniature six-axis parallel robotic positioning system, which is the smallest standard hexapod in PI’s product offering. Each individual actuator has a positioning resolution of 40 nm that is equal to a single axis of a traditional stack of 6 individual single-axis positioners.
Hexapod vs. Serial Kinematics Systems
There is only a single moving platform which offers higher stiffness and a large clear aperture. It is possible to perform mass operations because of the small size with far lower settling times than with conventional, stacked multi-axis systems.
The system is vacuum compatible and custom, non-magnetic hexapod positioners are also available.
The key features of the small hexapod 6-axis parallel robot are:
- High precision six-axis motion in a small envelope with diameter, 136 mm and height, 114 mm
- Vector controller & software included
- 40 nm actuator resolution
- Higher stiffness than conventional six-axis positioners
- 5 kg load
- Repeatability 0.2 mm
- Velocity to 10 mm/s
- Can be controlled by iPad