Artificial intelligence (AI) home robot company, Trifo, has announced the launch of its smart robot vacuum—the first AI-enabled home robot that outpaces other competitive models and is also more economically priced.
Trifo received a total of $11 million in new funding in late 2018. The company will exhibit at CES 2019 and at [email protected]
Ironpie represents a new generation of home robots, a smart robot vacuum that cleans faster, protects furniture better, is controllable from anywhere and with a host of features that improve on the original home vacuum concept. We will continuously introduce enhanced intelligence and new features, such as Alexa and Google Home integration in the first half of 2019, to make Ironpie the essential smart home robot.
Zhe Zhang, CEO, Trifo
Research and Markets revealed that the cleaning robot market is anticipated to increase from $2.09 billion in 2018 to $4.34 billion by 2023, at 16.21 CAGR; this is mainly fueled by the advent of automation in household appliances, increasing safety concern, and increased labor cost.
Ironpie’s key AI-enabled capabilities are as follows:
- Cleans Faster—Ironpie is capable of cleaning at least 10% more efficiently, with a zigzag cleaning route, when compared to other competing robot vacuums. It detects uncleaned areas, repositions itself, and cleans without redundancy—based on its sophisticated multi-sensor fusion system.
- Protects Furniture—Ironpie provides one of the best obstacle sensing capabilities available in a smart home robot: it utilizes a multi-sensory system such as sonars or IRs, which also renders it more robust and effective in different environments (that is, low-lit and bright environments).
- Monitors Homes Remotely—Ironpie includes a set of easy and secure surveillance utilities—through the Ironpie app, users can check out what is occurring at their homes without the use of various static cameras.
- Costs Less—Ironpie is about $200 less expensive and has more similar or sophisticated features than high-end robotic vacuums, like position tracking, scheduling, mapping, and much more.
Ironpie’s differentiating technical features include:
- Small Brain, Big Brainpower—includes the smallest, most efficient, lowest power Armv8-A quad-core processor in the world, combined with the proprietary Trifo Intelligent Robotics Vision System (TIRVS).
- Accurate, Real-time Position Tracking—integrated with a set of sensors exclusively engineered and calibrated for estimating orientation and position, Ironpie invariably “knows” where it is and has been.
- Deep Environmental Learning—AI-enabled self-tracking enables Ironpie to “learn” individuals’ homes and enhance its efficiency by constructing and updating a dependable 3D home map—all performed locally on the robot.
- Smart Visual Navigation—patented simultaneous localization and mapping, or SLAM, system not only improves navigation but also saves time.