By Kalwinder KaurSep 11 2012
The International Machine Tooling Show (IMTS) is demonstrating the potential of automation to promote efficiency in the manufacturing process through “Automation Becomes Easy”, which is scheduled to take place from September 10 to 15.
At IMTS, KUKA Robotics has introduced several of its innovations including the North American debut of the KR AGILUS small robot series. The KR AGILUS is an exceptional offering within its payload category. It features 6 axes, integrated energy supply system, high speeds, short cycle times and available for installation in floor, ceiling or wall.
At IMTS 2012, KUKA Robotics In-booth demonstration will include:
- NEW! OKUMA CNC Lathe Tending cell demonstration with the ;attest KUKA QUANTEC KR 270 R2900 K Ultra robot installed atop an OKUMA LB 2000 EX CNC lathe, where the space conserving strategies enable increased density operations with better operator accessibility.
- NEW! KUKA KR 210 R2700 QUANTEC robot with robotic machining milling operations with potential to deploy a 6 axis robot in a machining application. The KUKA.CNC control option allows programming of KUKA robots with direct function via machine language G code, processing complicated programs from CAD/CAM systems.
- NEW! KUKA KR AGILUS KR 6 R900 Sixx Small Robots to show the ability of New KUKA KR AGILUS robots and its mounting (ceiling, wall and floor) versatility and its function with new KR C4 Compact Controller.
- NEW! KR AGILUS KR 6 R900 Sixx demonstrating CNC lathe tending application.
- Arc Welding Live Demonstration showing high speed single wire welding driven by ESAB Aristo 5000 power supply.
KUKA Robots’ demonstrations at the show include:
- NEW! mxAutomation with Siemens. A KUKA KR 60-3 will be manifesting parts, with operation simulation on a CNC machine tool at Siemens booth. Integration of mxAutomation from KUKA directly via the Siemens Sinumerik CNC platform allows single control panel operation of the machine tool as well as the robot.
- Genesis Systems, a KUKA’s Partner, will exhibit revolutionary RazorJet.
Disclaimer: The views expressed here are those of the author expressed in their private capacity and do not necessarily represent the views of AZoM.com Limited T/A AZoNetwork the owner and operator of this website. This disclaimer forms part of the Terms and conditions of use of this website.