Molex Incorporated announces it will showcase a wide range of its Brad® connectivity and communications solutions and Woodhead® electrical products at Automation Fair 2012 in Philadelphia, PA, November 7-8, Molex booth 1417.
“As a Rockwell Automation Encompass global partner, Molex provides connectivity solutions and other critical components that complement Rockwell installations,” said George Kairys, product manager, Molex. “Our Brad and Woodhead products are designed for high performance and reliability in diverse industrial applications and environments. They offer a cost-saving approach to enhancing machine control, process visibility and automation across plant floor and remote networks.”
Brad connectivity solutions from Molex at Automation Fair 2012 include:
- Brad SST™ IP67 Remote Communication Module for PROFIBUS - connectivity is a powerful PB3 remote module designed to execute high-speed PROFIBUS DP data exchange with Rockwell’s Logix Controllers. Its harsh duty design and remote capabilities allow the module to be installed on machines, in production cells, or in the field where Ethernet connectivity allows the module to be easily managed remotely. The IP67 remote module is well suited for use in a wide range of manufacturing and processing plants.
- Brad SST Communication Modules for Rockwell Automation PAC /PLC controllers are available for AS-i, PROFIBUS*, MODBUS†, MODBUS/TCP and Siemens Industrial Ethernet protocols. Jumper-free technology, 100% software configurable, and performance-leading throughput separate these modules from the competition. Integration with Rockwell’s RSLogix‡ 5000 software and Add-On Profiles allows users to quickly define devices and access their data using Rockwell Automation’s Integrated Architecture‡.
- Updated Brad® SST™ eNetMeter™ User Sample Code that allows any ControlLogix, CompactLogix, SoftLogix and GuardLogix‡ controllers more flexibility to interface and to retrieve real-time DeviceNet§ diagnostic data from any DeviceNet network.
Woodhead products from Molex at Automation Fair 2012 include:
- Watertite® Wet-Location Wiring Devices for extremely rough and wet environments, meet NEMA type 4, 4X, 6, 6P, IP65, IP66 and IP67. Products include closure caps, compression-type cord grips, and single, duplex receptacles. The wiring devices withstand high-pressure hose-downs up to 1,000 PSI, making them ideal for use in processing and water treatment plants.
- Solderless Terminals in a wide variety of wire sizes and materials, including low-halogen, are offered to fit virtually every application. Woodhead solderless products include: ring and spade terminals, terminal blocks and heat-sealable terminals, as well as magnet wire connectors, quick disconnects, wire pins, battery cable lugs and wire management products.
- Indoor and Outdoor Support Grips evenly distribute the weight of sloping runs of cabling, rods, tubing and hoses to prevent damage. Most standard closed-mesh grips are woven from corrosion-resistant tinned bronze wire and many grips can be upgraded to stainless steel wire for applications requiring higher corrosion resistance.
- Woodhead® Hand Lamps are rugged, portable lighting products designed for high performance and long service life in industrial settings. Depending on the environment and application, users can select cost-effective task lighting for hazardous duty, wet locations, general industrial, commercial and light duty workspaces.
- Aero-Motive® Standard Duty Cord Reels in swing- or rigid-mount versions, are used in dry indoor applications to keep cords of power supply, lighting and other mobile equipment safely out of the way. The ruggedly-built reels enhance worker safety and deliver long service life and ease of maintenance.
- Woodhead® Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) Products provide worker protection and power cord safety in commercial and industrial applications. Product options include manual or automatic reset, field-serviceable or flying lead ends, as well as inline, right angle or outlet boxes.