Xilinx, Inc., a platinum sponsor for the Embedded Vision Alliance Summit, will present challenges and opportunities in embedded vision systems, supporting the company's initiative to enable Smarter Vision systems.
In addition, Xilinx Alliance Program members will also demonstrate how All Programmable devices are enabling smarter embedded systems at DESIGN West 2013. Xilinx® All Programmable Smarter Vision solutions combine the Zynq®-7000 All Programmable system-on-a-chip (SoC), Vivado® High-Level Synthesis (HLS) and IP Integrator (IPI) software tools, OpenCV libraries, SmartCORE™ IP, and ecosystem solutions to accelerate the development of Smarter Vision applications.
Xilinx at the Embedded Vision Alliance Summit – San Jose McEnery Convention Center, Room 230A, 230B, 230C
Challenges and Opportunities in Accelerating OpenCV
Xilinx engineering director, video technology, Jose Alvarez , will explore the challenges and opportunities in creating embedded vision applications that require real-time performance which is achieved through a combination of software and hardware-based libraries.
Vision-Based Automotive Driver Assistance Systems: Challenges and Approaches
Xilinx senior system architect, automotive solutions, Paul Zoratti , will describe the objectives and results of a project to realize a multi-camera, multi-feature driver assistance system processor on an all programmable SoC architecture.
Vivado Design Suite – showcasing a tightly integrated development tool flow using the OpenCV library, Vivado HLS, and IPI showing how to rapidly convert C-level algorithms into RTL to validate in hardware, better manage complex designs with hierarchical video system design capture, and accelerate development by integrating open standards libraries like OpenCV.
Advanced Driver Assistance System – Xilinx Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC running a 360-degree surround vision and rear view camera system showcasing applications such as lane departure warning and pedestrian detection.
All Programmable Solutions Displayed Throughout DESIGN West 2013
As part of the ARM Connected Community, Xilinx is leveraging the strength of the ARM ecosystem to provide a complete solution, from design to manufacture and end use – visit the ARM booth (#1708) and participate in the ARM passport program.
Additionally, 11 Xilinx Alliance Program members will showcase Xilinx technologies in their booths:
- National Instruments – Booth #1716
Seven demonstrations and two papers highlighting Xilinx All Programmable FPGAs and Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoCs.
- Cyth: Using NI Single Board RIO to develop a bioreactor and a tomotheropy controller based on Cyth Systems Circaflex.
- Test: Using NI FlexRIO to automate production test of semiconductor components.
- Guitar Effects: Using LabVIEW and NI Single Board RIO to produce FPGA generated guitar effects.
- Test Drive: Using NI CompactRIO and Single Board RIO to implement and tune a PID controller.
- Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC: LabVIEW running on a Xilinx Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC
- Gears: Using NI CompactRIO and NI SoftMotion to coordinate 6 different motion axis using both NI and non-NI hardware.
- Image processing: Compares CPU vs NI FlexRIO FPGA-based vision processing
- In addition, two papers are being presented by National Instruments that highlight Xilinx All Programmable technologies: "Fully Reconfigurable Motion Control for Embedded Machine Design" on Wednesday, April 24 at 9:15am in Salon 1 and "We See You! The Rise Of Embedded Vision" on Wednesday, April 24 at 4:30pm in Salon 4.
- 3D Plus – Booth #1439
Demonstration of 64 Mb PROM configuration memory and DDR2 memory specifically developed to support space-grade Virtex®-5QV FPGAs.
- Express Logic Inc. – Booth #1328
Demonstration of Iperf network performance on a Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC board.
- Fidus Systems Inc. – Booth #1624
Demonstration of an 802.11n WiFi stack running on a Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC and 8-channel JESD204B ADC FMC daughter card for Virtex-7 FPGAs.
- Green Hills Software – Booth #1320
Demonstration of Green Hills Software's Safety certified tool suite on a Xilinx Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC ZC702 board. The demonstration will run an application on the INTEGRITY™ RTOS and includes the TimeMachine™ debugger that takes advantage of live CPU on-chip generated trace data.
- Lauterbach – Booth #2006
Demonstration of the Lauterbach TRACE32-PowerTrace-II ICD debugger with ETM trace on a Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC board.
- Micrium – Booth #2220
uC/OS-II and uC/OS-III support for the Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC.
- Mentor Graphics – Booth #1908
Nucleus RTOS support for the Xilinx Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC.
- PLDA – Booth #727
- Demonstration of a 2D graphics animation running on a Zynq-7045 All Programmable SoC-based System-on-Module connected to a LCD enabled carrier card, and featuring a combination of the ARM® dual-core Cortex™-A9 MPCore™ processor software and FPGA fabric design IP working simultaneously.
- Demonstration of PCI Express® Gen3 running on a Xilinx KC705 board with real-time bidirectional traffic and throughput measurement.
- SEGGER Microcontroller – Booth #1329
embOS RTOS support for the Xilinx Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC.
- Wind River Systems – Booth #926
VxWorks, Linux, and Workbench support for the Xilinx Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC.