AlgoBot answers users’ questions and assists with security policy tasks via an intuitive self-service interface that saves time and improves responsiveness and service
AlgoSec, the leading provider of business-driven security policy management solutions, today announced the launch of AlgoBot, the first intelligent chatbot for network security tasks.
A key new feature in AlgoSec’s Security Policy Management Solution, AlgoBot answers users’ questions, submitted in plain English, and personally assists with security policy change management processes - without requiring manual inputs or additional research. Users communicate with AlgoBot via an intuitive self-service interface, such as Slack or Skype for Business, which can be accessed from a chatroom or mobile app.
Self-Service Security Policy Management
AlgoBot offloads day-to-day tasks from firewall and network administrators, by automatically answering typical security policy management questions and handling daily maintenance tasks -- thereby providing faster service to internal customers. Ideal for a wide range of stakeholders including security teams and cyber analysts, application owners and developers, help desk, support, network, server and IT teams, AlgoBot can, for example:
- Check if traffic is currently allowed between IP addresses, servers and applications
- Open change requests to allow network connectivity
- Check on the status of a change request
- Check if a business application has a network connectivity problem
- Identify all applications associated with a specific IP address
- Immediately identify applications impacted by a security incident and activate containment
Easy and Convenient Access to the AlgoSec Security Management Solution
AlgoBot gives firewall and network administrators an easy and convenient way to access the AlgoSec Security Management Solution, to quickly take care of security policy management maintenance tasks. Using AlgoBot, firewall and network administrators can, for example:
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues and security incidents
- Check the status of security policy change requests and approve changes
- Identify business applications affected by routine server or firewall maintenance, or server migrations
- Identify all applications associated with a specific IP address, together with the relevant contact people for each application and other application-specific information
- Isolate a compromised server from the network in response to an ongoing security incident
"Just as digital personal assistants, such as Siri or Alexa, save people time by automatically answering questions and handling tasks, AlgoBot personally assists a wide range of users with their security policy management tasks – thereby improving service to stakeholders and helping to accelerate security policy change processes across the enterprise,” said Anner Kushnir, VP of Technology for AlgoSec. "With the launch of AlgoBot, AlgoSec is yet again at the forefront of the industry – with both the latest technology innovation and by truly enabling organizations to align their security management with the needs and speed of their business.”
AlgoBot is generally available for AlgoSec customers, and currently supports Slack and Skype for Business, in both English and French. Support for additional languages and collaboration platforms will follow in 2018.