The IR-820 robot employs a unique hardware and software approach, which provides performance enhancements and reduces the need for costly add-on options. The unique SCARA (Selective Compliance Articulated Robot Arm) operation of the IR-820 robot allows OEMs greater freedom to embed the robot within the process tool. This capability greatly improves tool productivity and in many cases can reduce the tool's footprint. The IR-820 SCARA robot provides the following customer benefits:
- 30% faster throughput compared with 3-axis, R-Theta systems.
- Significantly reduced integration and software development costs
- Reduced downtime because of robust software, simpler mechanical design, and advanced health monitoring, resulting in increased Mean-Time-Between-Failures (MTBF).
- Reduced field service support costs due to higher reliability.
- Reduced tool footprint for many applications.
- Easily adaptable to different arm configuration, radius of working area, working heights and material handling requirements.