A specifically adapted Stäubli TX90 robot was designed for German based JENOPTIK for laser cutting of various materials in their VOTAN™ C BIM product line. The TX90 robot features an enclosed structure, high speed and excellent path performance capabilities.
The JENOPTIK-VOTAN™ C BIM (Beam In Motion) is the innovative combination of a fixed laser and a robot-supported motion sequence. The laser cutting system is designed and constructed to remove waste edges from door panelling or shoulders, remove excess film from back-injection-moulded parts or to create cut-outs in medium-sized plastic parts, cleanly and leaving no visible or structural damage.
- Combines the advantages of a stationary laser with those of a moving robot arm by fully integrating the laser beam guide into the robot arm.
- Considerable reduction of cycle times.
- Significant increase in precision and flexibility.
- Low space requirement (footprint of only 10 m²).
- Integrated container solution lends the system mobility and reduces transportation costs to a minimum.
- Considerably reduced time and expense required for installation - the user only needs to connect the relevant supply lines