The PIC32 MCU is a family of 32-bit Microcontrollers designed for best-in-class 32-bit performance and accompanied by a vast offering of software. Since its introduction in 2007, the PIC32 family has established itself as a performance leader stemming from the highest DMIPs/MHz rated MIPS® M4K® core, highly efficient internal bus architecture, and advanced instruction caching. The 5 families of PIC32 MCUs offer a range of general purpose and integrated connectivity peripherals including Ethernet, CAN, and USB host/device/On-The-Go. Integrated flash memory ranges from 32K to 512K and on-board RAM ranges from 8k to 128k.
The PIC32 family is supported by Microchip's MPLAB® development environment and well-known industry tools and software providers. Microchip customers benefit from the extensive offering of free software libraries, commonly available in source code form, such as graphics, TCP/IP, USB, encryption, file systems, and digital signal processing software. Most software stacks are compatible across numerous Microchip microcontroller and digital signal processor families. The MPLAB development environment spans the entire Microchip portfolio of over 600 Microcontrollers thus enabling you to use a single tool chain from the lowest cost 8-bit MCU to the highest performing and largest memory PIC32 MCU.
High Performance 32-Bit MCU:
- 80 MHz, 1.56 DMIPS/MHz CPU core
- Single cycle multiply and divide hardware
- Flash pre-fetch module, 256Byte cache
- Fast context switch and interrupt response
- 8 ch. DMA controller
- Key peripherals have dedicated DMA channels
- Atomic bit manipulation
- 10/100 Ethernet, CAN2.0b, USB host/device/OTG
- Nested vector interrupt controller
- 10-bit ADC, 1Msps, and +/-1 LSB
- 16-bit parallel master port for adding QVGA & memory
- POR, BOR, LVD, Pull-ups
- 2.3-3.6v operation, 5v tolerant I/Os