The PICDEMW™ Mechatronics demonstration board is an easy-to-use mechatronics development and demonstration platform. Mechatronics refers to implementing intelligent control in a mechanical system. Learn how to use PlC® microcontrollers to enhance or replace a mechanical design.
The demonstration kit takes a hands-on approach to learning about mechatronics. Jumper wires are provided the kit which allow the user to experiment with connecting the PlC microcontroller to various components on the board. These components include sensors, LOs, human input devices and motor drivers. The board comes with nine example projects which include firmware, connection diagrams (for the wire jumpers) and schematics.
- P1C16F917 MCU with 8 MHz internal oscillator and on-board LCD module (in addition to other standard PlC MCU peripherals)
- Displays: 8 LEDs and LCD (pre-connected to the LCD module)
- Stepper motor and brushed DC motors
- Analog out temperature sensor (Microchip TCIO47A)
- Light sensor
- 32.768 kHz crystal for time generation
- Human inputs: 4 tactile switches. 2 potentiometers
- Over-current protection circuit