RobotWorks is a robotics CAD that runs with SolidWorks on a Windows PC. Use RobotWorks for workcell design, motion simulation and robot programming inside one interactive CAD environment.
RobotWorks uses the SolidWorks graphics and kinematics engine to create a robot path quickly along faces, edges and curves of CAD objects.
In RobotWorks "The Math is the Path" - the geometry behind the CAD objects is translated to a mathematically accurate path, complete with location and orientation, along which a robot can run.
With a few mouse clicks you have an accurate off line robot program written in native robot language, without using a teach pendant. Once you have created a path, you can move the parts around on the screen and the path will be revised automatically, or you can modify any point manually in an interactive way.
- Calculates path automatically along CAD objects
- Allows moving tool or moving part
- Enables Collision Detection
- Displays Actual Joint Values and Limits
- Provides Tool Frames and User (Base) Frames
- Works with most imported surfaces
- Reads XYZ points and translates them to robot path
- Records external events and instructions (I/Os, speed, etc.) for each point
- Writes native files for FANUC, ABB, Kawasaki, Motoman, KUKA and Staubli
- Produces point files in a generic form for most other robots