PACK EXPO International 2014 attendees can learn about how to solve their most critical production challenges by visiting the Center for Trends and Technology (CTT), hosted by PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies, in Chicago, Nov. 2 to 5.
Sponsored by Rockwell Automation and its PartnerNetwork program members, the CTT is a one-stop spot to hear concise educational sessions, ask questions, and learn from and network with peers, OEMs and industry leaders. It will include an interactive, virtual display of a baked-goods line, Ask the Expert kiosks, and speakers from leading companies, including Cisco, Grantek Systems Integration, Interstates Control Systems Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Rockwell Automation and Stone Technologies Inc.
“The CTT provides an action-oriented PACK EXPO experience for attendees,” said Mike Wagner, global packaging business manager at Rockwell Automation. “Our goal is for attendees to leave with the solutions that will start solving their manufacturing challenges right away, and help them anticipate future needs.”
Located in the South Hall (Booth 3097), the CTT will host 10 half-hour classroom sessions each day on how to:
- Anticipate and take advantage of the Internet of Things.
- Build a secure network infrastructure and enable secure remote support.
- Collaborate with OEMs on machinery safety and productivity.
- Anticipate the impact of the Food Safety Modernization Act on manufacturing and supply-chain operations.
- Use serialization solutions to reduce risk.
- Use line-integration techniques to get actionable data out of machinery.
- Improve network security for control systems.
- Gather and share machinery data throughout an organization and supply chain via the cloud.
- Attendees also will hear from the Alliance for Innovation and Operational Excellence, founded by PMMI, on top-of-mind issues and best practices for the consumer packaged goods industry.
After visiting the CTT, attendees can receive a guided tour through OEM booths to see the technology in action that meets their unique needs.
With more than 2,000 exhibitors and an expected 50,000 attendees from 130 countries, PACK EXPO International (co-located with Pharma EXPO) will be the most comprehensive resource of the year for packaging and processing innovation.
Among those exhibiting will be a wide variety of Rockwell Automation OEM Partners, including Aagard, ADCO Manufacturing, ARPAC Group, Bradman Lake Group, Cavanna Packaging Group, Columbia Machine, Combi Packaging Systems, CT Pack S.r.l, Delkor Systems, Douglas Machine, Fargo Automation, Focke & Co., Intelligrated Systems, Kliklok-Woodman, Massman Automation Designs, Nercon, NJM Packaging, OCME America Corporation, OPTIMA Machinery Corporation, Osgood Industries, Pearson Packaging Systems, R.A. Jones, Schneider Packaging Equipment, Tetra Pak, Triangle Package Machinery and Wulftec International.