Oct 28 2015
Global Automated Test Equipment (ATE) Market is expected to be valued at USD 4.48 billion by 2020, as per a new research report by Radiant Insights, Inc. Increasing design complexity coupled with need for effective testing is expected to drive the global automated test equipment market demand.
Increasing need for optimizing power management in order to ensure longer battery life is likely to favor the growth prospects. However, dependency on semiconductor chips is likely challenge industry participants. Non-memory products were the leading segment, valued at USD 2,867.5 million in 2013. Expansion of consumer electronics, increasing automotive demand and growing number of microcontroller-based applications are factors likely to promote its demand.
Memory products accounted for 21.21% of the overall revenue in 2013, growing at an estimated CAGR of 1.7% from 2014 to 2020. The cyclical variations in growth rates than non-memory semiconductors have resulted in gaining popularity among various applications.
The report “Automated Test Equipment (ATE) Market Size, Share, Report, 2020” is available now to Radiant Insights customers and can also be purchased directly at http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/automated-test-equipment-market
Key report insights suggest:
- Global ATE market size was estimated at USD 3,774.9 million in 2013 and is expected to register USD 4,476.2 million by 2020 growing with an estimated CAGR of 2.5% from 2014 to 2020.
- Asia Pacific automated test equipment market dominated the regional demand with an estimated market share of 75.57% in 2013. Increasing number of semiconductor industries coupled with technological innovation is expected to have positive influence in regional demand. North America is the second largest region, growing at a CAGR of 2.2% from 2014 to 2020.
- IT & telecommunication dominated the demand with an estimated share of 51.33% in 2013. Defense is the fastest growing application segment and is likely to grow at a CAGR of 3.3% from 2014 to 2020. The various PCBs used in this application require testing on a regular basis is boosting the global demand.
- Wafer probing test point was the highest revenue generator, with an estimated share of 39.7% in 2013, growing at a CAGR of 1.8% from 2014 to 2020. This can be attributed to the miniaturization of semiconductor devices and significant cost-benefits associated. Final test point is the second largest segment, growing at a CAGR of 2.4% from 2014 to 2020.
- Fairly consolidated ATE market consists of top three manufacturers accounting for more than 80% of the overall industry revenue. Key companies include Teradyne Inc, Advantest Corporation and LTX-Credence Corporation.