The ION® family of products are compact, fully enclosed digital drives that provides high performance motion control, network connectivity and power amplification for DC brush, brushless DC or step motors. Using advanced MOSFETs and surface mount technology, ION provides very high power density in a rugged, flexible form factor. It performs profile generation, servo compensation, stall detection, field oriented control, digital torque control and many other motion control functions.
The single axis ION drive is based on the Magellan® Motion Processor, and provides CANBus and serial communications. It is ideal for medical, scientific, semiconductor, automation, industrial and robotic applications.
- Enhanced Magellan® instruction set
- All digital drive
- DC brush motor control, brushless DC motor and step motor versions
- CANbus or serial communications
- S-curve, trapezoidal, velocity contouring, electronic gearing profiles
- Pulse & direction (ION 3000model only)
- Compact, powerful package