Xilinx, Inc. and its Alliance Program Members, Silicon Software and Sensor to Image, will demonstrate All Programmable embedded solutions for machine vision applications at the AIA Vision Show 2014.
All three companies will showcase a series of comprehensive embedded machine vision solutions leveraging the Zynq® All Programmable SoC and demonstrate high bandwidth communication protocols, and accelerated development for faster time to market. Visit Xilinx Booth #204 at the AIA Vision Show 2014, April 15-17, at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston.
Xilinx Demonstrations – Booth #204
- Accelerated Machine Vision Development Using Embedded Visual Applets – Courtesy of Silicon Software
- This demonstration allows users to witness an embedded real-time image processing implementation designed in minutes with user-friendly Visual Applets' graphical user interface (GUI). From a list of high performance vision operators, users can simulate and target their design seamlessly onto a Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC without writing a single line of code.
- High Bandwidth Machine Vision Protocols GigEVision and CoaXPress – Courtesy of Sensor to Image
This demonstration showcases two video streams transferred with different high-speed protocols for machine vision cameras and frame grabbers enabled by Xilinx® 7 Series FPGAs and Zynq SoC devices. Sensor to Image supports GigEVision 2.0 and CoaXPress IPs and software stacks that enable video transfer rates over 10Gb per second.
Xilinx Technical Presentations – Hynes Convention Center
Tuesday, April 15 at 11 a.m. - Targeting Open CV Functions into Embedded Vision Applications
- Presentation by Stephen Neuendorffer, Principal Engineer, Xilinx
Wednesday, April 16 at 11 a.m. – Machine Vision Applications with Xilinx and Silicon Software
- Presentation by Dr. Klaus-Henning Noffz, CEO, Silicon Software and Yvonne Lin, Machine Vision Marketing Manager, Xilinx
Xilinx Demonstrations by Alliance Program Members
In addition to Silicon Software and Sensor to Image, two additional Xilinx Alliance Program members will showcase the following Xilinx-based technology in their booth:
- Micro/sys, Booth #628 – Will showcase a Xilinx 7 Series Kintex® FPGA off-loading vision processing from the CPU on Micro/sys single board computers
- National Instruments, Booth #210 – Will demonstrate FPGA Image processing with precise image capture and a Marble Sorting demo with vision and motion integration
About Xilinx Smarter Vision Solutions
Xilinx Smarter Vision solutions include a broad portfolio of building blocks for smarter systems, called SmartCORE™ IP. The SmartCORE IP portfolio, developed by both Xilinx and its ecosystem, includes both hardware IP targeting All Programmable logic and software IP developed for high performance ARM® processors. SmartCORE IP can be rapidly integrated via the Vivado® IPI (IP Integrator). Additionally, new IP can be generated from: C, C++ or SystemC with Vivado HLS (high-level synthesis), and now includes industry standard OpenCV libraries, which are supported by popular operating systems and software development environments. A wide range of design kits further accelerate design productivity for smarter systems design.
Xilinx Smarter Vision solutions leverage Xilinx FPGAs, 3D ICs and Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoCs. Xilinx All Programmable SoCs are considered the ideal platform for designers to rapidly deliver highly integrated solutions with real-time pixel processing in programmable logic with ARM processor-based analytics for smarter video broadcast, machine vision and immersive displays. To learn more about Xilinx Smarter Vision solutions visit www.xilinx.com/smartervision.