Ricoh Americas Corporation today announced its new RICOH TotalFlow Path workflow solution – a hardware-agnostic offering designed to intelligently connect multiple production print processes, ultimately increasing automation.
It allows printers to redefine workflows; merge stages of the print process, including applications such as web-to-print, pre-press, print management etc.; and enable information to flow swiftly and easily while keeping overall operating costs low. Part of the RICOH TotalFlow portfolio, which includes TotalFlow Production Manager, TotalFlow Print Manager, TotalFlow Prep and TotalFlow BatchBuilder, TotalFlow Path will support new hardware solutions like the RICOH Pro C9100/9110 series and the RICOH Pro C7100 series, as well as other legacy Ricoh production print offerings.
TotalFlow Path enables printers to streamline the workflow process to help improve communications, reduce errors and decrease costs. It can communicate, integrate and automate printers' workflow systems seamlessly, thus minimizing the number of tasks required to complete a job and increasing productivity. By leveraging JDF (Job Definition Format) job ticketing, printers can customize rules for every job or simply emulate previous successful jobs. In addition, fixed rules that apply conditional logic to unique tasks can be implemented to help ensure the right person always has the right information to make the most informed print decisions for an organization.
"As many of today's print shops look to decrease their technology total cost of ownership, it is key that they have workflow solutions that enable communications to run smoothly without ultimately increasing costs," said John Fulena, Director of Professional Services and Solutions Marketing, Ricoh Americas Corporation. "We looked to design a solution that would provide the same benefits of automating manual tasks for better information flow, reducing errors and increasing production that other automation systems offered, but without the hefty price tag – ultimately allowing our customers to set up an effective workflow system at a technology cost that meets their budget needs."
TotalFlow Path's open architecture gives printers seeking to integrate disparate technologies across their environment the ability to connect different processes and products from different vendors. It also enables the creation of custom integrations to meet print and communication needs. Built in software extensions for the solution include, but are not limited to:
- Hot folder input – Monitors folders for the arrival of new jobs. The folders can be local on the server or shared folders on a different system. A job can be set as a PDF file, in which case a user-defined ticket is applied, or a JDF file can be the job ticket and a PDF file the job resource.
- JDF input/JDF output – Receives jobs from JDF-enabled sources and submits jobs to JDF-enabled applications and devices.
- Order submission tool – Allows the user to ticket and submit jobs directly to TotalFlow Path, implementing new levels of efficiency and control.
- TotalFlow Prep – Improves execution of TotalFlow Path's automatic pre-press tasks, getting jobs ready to go sooner.
- TotalFlow Print Manager/TotalFlow Production Manager – Allows job submittal to a TotalFlow Print Manager or TotalFlow Production Manager server. Captures relevant indexing information automatically.
- Approval – Provides the ability to approve jobs either manually or by email. Allows defining email templates to be used for approvals.
- Email notification – Allows submitting notifications regarding a job by email. Allows defining email templates to be used.
- Hot folder application – Allows integration with external applications through hot folders. Job files placed to a specified folder from the external application waits for the return file in a specified folder, helping to ensure documents are always where they need to be.
- Manual tasks – Allows for custom tasks to be handled by an operator.
- Offline devices – Handles offline devices and records the results, which can be monitored for efficiency and adjusted accordingly.
- File output – Places jobs in a user-defined output folder, allowing customization and special-case adjustments.
- RICOH Pro C901 Graphic Arts+, RICOH Pro C651EX and RICOH Pro C751, all with EFI Fiery Controllers – Allows job submittal to these printers. Captures media catalog information automatically.
In addition, TotalFlow Path can integrate with partnered solutions through optional extensions. These include: PTI MarcomCentral, PTI FusionPro Producer, Objectif Lune PlanetPress, RSA WebCRD, EFI Fiery, Enfocus PitStop Server, Avanti Slingshot, Ultimate Impostrip OnDemand Automation.
For more details on the TotalFlow Path solution please visit www.ricoh-usa.com/rpp.