Xilinx, Inc. today announced it will demonstrate advanced industrial automation applications and technology based on its Zynq™-7000 All Programmable SoCs at SPS/IPC/DRIVES 2012 being held in Nuremberg, Germany, November 27-29, 2012.
Demonstrations in Xilinx's booth, H6-200, will highlight how its Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoCs provide developers with solutions to the extreme bandwidth, smart vision, ubiquitous computing and security/safety needs of next-generation industrial automation applications. Industrial automation experts from Xilinx and its Alliance Program members will be on hand to talk about Xilinx's extensive development and implementation infrastructure that includes industrial-specific platforms, IP cores and kits to build better systems, faster, with fewer chips.
- Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC Intelligent Drives Platform – This is a high-precision, low noise multi-motors electrical drive demonstration that shows a significant system performance improvement when compared to a conventional microprocessor or DSP implementation using the Xilinx® Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC. QDESYS, a Xilinx Alliance Program member, will demonstrate how its NETMOT IP cores on Xilinx SoCs enable a scalable, cost-effective motor control for multiple motors while maintaining flexibility through reprogrammability.
- Zynq-7000 SoM Embedded Processing Platform - The Zynq-7000 SoM (System on Module) embedded processing module from ITR demonstrates the capability and flexibility of Xilinx Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoCs for rapid integration of industrial networking interfaces into an industrial automation subsystem.
- Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC POWERLINK Evaluation Platform - This industrial networking demonstration showcases POWERLINK master running on a Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC taking advantage of an Open POWERLINK stack and Linux operating systems running on a feature-rich ARM® dual-core Cortex™-A9 MPCore™ processor.
- IEC61508 Safety Control System and Isolation Design Flow - The Avnet Spartan®-6 FPGA Evaluation Kit hosts a safety-oriented motor control system based on two Xilinx MicroBlaze™ processors running in dual-core lockstepping mode that ensures safety system functionality.
- FPGA-based Synchronization and Redundancy Platform – An energy market application with a high availability seamless redundancy (HSR)-parallel redundancy protocol (PRP) switch from Xilinx Alliance Program member SOC-e implements high-availability, seamless redundancy and parallel redundancy protocols for reliable and redundant Ethernet communications based on a Xilinx Spartan-6 FPGA.