Seegrid, maker of Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs), was selected as preferred solution for Hearth & Home Technologies of Lakeville, MN. The world’s leading producer and installer of hearth products was looking for ways to improve quality and gain efficiencies. Hearth & Home Technologies was challenged to reduce travel time and costs associated with the delivery of parts to its manufacturing assembly locations.
Using Seegrid Robotic Industrial Trucks and the patented, vision-guided WalkThruThenWork technology, Hearth & Home Technologies experienced many benefits including:
- No costly expansion or redesign of the warehouse
- Fast and effective deployment within hours instead of days
- No wire guides, magnets, lasers or engineers to make changes or service
- Ability to change routes quickly and easily
- Easy to train existing employees with very little time or effort
- Vehicle and route control in operations hands
- Cost effective investment with lower Total Cost of Ownership
- Facilitates lean process initiatives and optimization
Dave Richmond, Continuous Improvement Manager at Hearth & Home Technologies commented, “The Seegrid Robotic Industrial Truck gives us much more flexibility and is much easier to use and maintain than our other AGV’s. We can accommodate product flow changes basically on the fly. With the Seegrid Robotic Industrial Truck, we can add or change a route in about an hour versus days. Because it’s simple to manage, our production operators can do their own troubleshooting, helping to reduce our service and maintenance costs.”
Seegrid’s Robotic Industrial Trucks were quickly accepted by the operations staff and allowed Hearth & Home Technologies flexibility that they immediately turned into savings and efficiencies, including easy to change routes in less than one hour and not days. Operators do their own trouble shooting which reduces cost and downtime and improves serviceability.
To read the entire case study, go to: http://bit.ly/JhNBmB.