Ozobot, a tiny gaming robot that follows lines on tablets, smartphones, physical game boards and even paper, today announced it has signed a deal with Los Angeles-based film & entertainment company Tristan Leostar to launch the toy into movie and television opportunities.
Says Dina Almeida, CEO of Tristan Leostar: "Ozobot isn't just a robot - it is a unique character that embodies the best qualities that physical gaming provides. The branding opportunities are endless. I'm thrilled to be working alongside the Ozobot team to build a creative strategy and brand management plan targeting the entertainment industry. We're looking forward to making this tiny robot a star!"
With a one-inch height and diameter, Ozobot uses a camera on its base to follow lines and to color-sense its path on an iPad, smartphone devices and physical surfaces, reacting to 1,000+ codes and instructions. Currently, there are four gaming apps available including: OzoPath, a multi-player maneuvering game of strategy; OzoLuck, a social game of chance in which Ozobot travels on a maze and randomly chooses lucky outcomes; OzoDraw, a drawing and exploration app to test Ozobot's intelligence; and OzoRace, a two-robot racing app that features a physical track assembled around the tablet.
Anouk Zisa, Director of Marketing for Ozobot, states: "We're excited for the wide variety of opportunities that this partnership holds in store for the robot. We can't wait to find new ways to engage others with this smart robot that's able to do nothing short of big things, ushering in a new excitement to traditional play and gaming."
Ozobot is the intelligent robot revolutionizing digital gaming. Through its patent pending technology, Ozobot can recognize up to 1,000 different instructions, reading different line and light colors on boards, paper and digital tablet screens. With four free app games available for download on iOS and Android at launch, Ozobot aims to intrigue, challenge and entertain its owners and bring back the fun to "game night."
Ozobot is based in California and has an aggressive roll-out strategy for 2014 into distribution and retail channels. For more information, visit www.ozobot.com.
- Measures slightly over 1 inch (2.5 cm) in diameter and height
- Intelligent gameplay via optical communication
- Photo sensor array for precise pattern, color, light and secret code recognition. Can follow lines on non-light-emitting physical surfaces and on digital screens such as tablet
- Automatic detection of playing surface (physical or digital) and transitions seamlessly between one and the other
- Color sensing technology on both physical and digital surfaces
- Accuracy detection for day and night play
- Dual micro motors for variable speeds between 0.6 - 3 in/sec (1.5 - 7.5 cm/sec)
- Incorporates a V-shaped 5 optical sensor array for line detection and 90-degree turns and intersections
- Capable of independent decisions based on random logic selections
- Visual feedback with multicolor LED lighting
- Micro-USB based rechargeable LiPoly battery (40 min. of continuous operation on a single charge; battery charges to 100 percent capacity in 40 min.)
- Customizable with different protective skins
Currently in production, Ozobot can be reserved now by visiting Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1553662364/ozobot-intelligent-game-piece-for-physical-and-dig
Ozobot will be available in retail stores in time for the 2014 holiday season.