The 16th Shenzhen International Machinery Manufacturing Industry Exhibition (SIMM) is scheduled to take place in Shenzhen -- China's most dynamic manufacturing hub -- on March 30 to April 2, 2015.
The show is set to take up all exhibition space available at the Shenzhen Convention & Exhibition Center, the major exhibition venue in the city of South China, just across the border from Hong Kong. While China is considered the "factory of the world", Shenzhen and the surrounding Pearl River Delta area constitute the largest light industry center in China, producing more than a quarter of the country's total exports. The local manufacturing sector, with its rich R&D and supply chain capabilities, has attracted international exhibitors to SIMM.
The show will cover more than 110,000 square meters of exhibition space and is expected to feature more than 1,200 local and international exhibitors, showcasing 3,600 precision machining equipment and more than 10,000 types of products. Industrial automation and robotics applications will be a key highlight of this year's SIMM, with two dedicated exhibition halls (Intelligent Integration & Robotics Exhibition), as well as three robotics applications seminars and a special zone for vendor-user meetings and networking events. Robotics has become a major area of interest as China's manufacturing industry is increasingly facing labor costs and intensifying labor shortage, making China the biggest market for industrial robotics with more than 36,560 units sold in 2013.
SIMM features five concurrent exhibitions that place the entire industrial machinery supply chain under one roof:
- Metal Cutting Machine Tools -- featuring Mazak, OKK, Mikron, Roeders, HAAS, Hurco, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, SMEC, Hyundai, Takisawa, Makino, SMTCL, DMTG, Parlec, Willemin-Macodel, and more.
- Metal Forming Machine Tools -- featuring Amada, Trumpf, Muratec, Hager, Jinfangyuan, Accurpress, Safan, Han's, ACL, Messer, and more.
- Mould, Special Steel & Precision Parts -- the world's top steel companies such as ArcelorMittal, Bohler International, ASSAB, Hitachi Metals, SSAB, Scana Steel, SCHMOLZ + BICKENBACH, NLMK Clabecq, China Iron & Steel Research Institute Group, Baosteel Group and Dongbei Special Steel Group are among this year's exhibitors.
- Intelligent Integration & Robotics -- featuring Fanuc, KUKA, Comau, Nachi Fujikoshi, Siemens, Mitsubishi, Staubli, Greatoo, GSK, Huazhong CNC, and more.
- Cutting Tools, Tools & 3D Technology -- featuring cutting tool companies such as TaeguTec, Walter AG, Dijet, WSS, Kennametal, Kyocera and Seco Tools; and 3D measuring and printing companies such as Hexagon, ZEISS, Accretech, WENZEL, Leader Metrology and FARO.
Focused conferences for industry professionals
Industry professionals can also have the opportunity to attend themed conferences designed to keep them updated with the latest and upcoming industry trends.
The second annual Robotics Application Seminar on the opening day, jointly organized by SIMM, Global Sources (NASDAQ: GSOL) and the Shenzhen Robotics Association, will focus on the applications in the electronics industry, which is the largest manufacturing segment in the Pearl River Delta region. Industry experts, as well as senior representatives from the vendor, system integrator and user sides, are invited to discuss management issues and high-level considerations when applying robotics. Two more seminars focusing on technology issues will be held on subsequent days.
SIMM will also co-organize with the Special Steel Enterprises Association of China the Special Steel Industry Summit, gathering the industry's leading players worldwide to discuss where the future of specialty steel and metal is headed.
In addition, there will be numerous presentations on automation technology, cutting tool applications, metalworking, 3D technology, mold making and more.
Now in its 16th year, SIMM has continuously showcased world-class exhibitors and machinery in Shenzhen. The presence of the world's leading machinery companies in the event highlights the significance of the China market, as well as the importance and influence of SIMM as a gateway to this market for machinery vendors. The four-day event will also feature the best locally-made manufacturing machinery, equipment and materials.