Securifi, creator of the world's first touchscreen wireless router, today announced the integration of Almond+ and Almond 2015 with the Nest Thermostat and Nest Protect, creating the ultimate experience in smart home automation. Almond users can now get smarter with the addition of WiFi presence sensors, local controls, and one-touch controls for screen settings.
"The average consumer is often intimidated by routers, the technology and the setup process so we wanted to provide a product that would be beautifully designed and simple to use," said Rammohan Malasani, CEO, Securifi. "With intuitive, easy to use interface, Almond makes it simple for users to integrate all of their connected devices."
Key upgraded capabilities include:
- WiFi Triggers. Because smartphones connect to Almond via WiFi, the presence of a phone on the network can automatically trigger a set of actions. For example, when an Almond user returns home, and their phone connects to their WiFi network, Almond can change settings, unlock doors, or raise the temperature.
- Nest Integration. The Almond can now control the Nest Thermostat and Nest Protect, with the ability to broker between two smartphone controllers. For example, if one person has the thermostat set to 65 and the other has it set to 70, the thermostat will settle at 68 when both phones are present.
- Local Control for Better Privacy and Cloud-Free Access. Almond is the only home automation hub that doesn't require an internet connection. Users can control smart home devices even when the internet is down, and home device data is not shared with the cloud, ensuring a higher level of privacy.
- Scenes for One-Touch Control. Almond enables users to create a "scene" or series of simultaneous actions that can all take place with one tap of a button. For example, users can turn off the lights, set the alarm and lock the doors with a single touch before going to bed.
- Almond users can control all their smart home devices such as front doors, garage doors, entry/motion sensors, temperature/humidity controls, and appliances, turning the humble wireless router into a universal, user friendly home automation hub.
Almond routers are available for purchase at Securifi.com and at leading retailers including Amazon, Costco, Best Buy, Walmart, Office Depot, QVC and more.