Carrobot, the smart heads-up display (HUD) device, announced today the launch of its crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo. Carrobot is an aftermarket HUD auto accessory with voice-controlled commands (via Google Voice) and high-resolution projected display to keep drivers’ eyes on the road. According to IceBike.org, more than 64 percent of all road accidents in the U.S. involve cell phones. Carrobot’s personal assistant technology answers calls, reads text messages, gives directions, and displays automotive data such as speed and fuel consumption, to keep users connected and safe while driving.
Carrobot’s first generation model successfully launched in China in 2015, selling more than 10,000 units, and was the first HUD device with smart voice control technology in the world. The second generation device is specifically designed for the U.S. market and developed using customer feedback, advanced artificial intelligence and state-of-the-art software.
Carrobot is compatible with most make and model vehicles on the market, and acts as a central platform for drivers in which to integrate all smart devices. The display features advanced attention and fatigue detection features as well as hands-free smart voice commands.
“We developed Carrobot to give drivers a safer and more enjoyable driving experience,” said Bruce Ma, founder and CEO of Carrobot. “Our HUD device goes beyond basic information display to bring drivers into the future of connected car technology. Distracted driving is an international problem and with this campaign, we hope to show consumers there is a better way to stay connected while driving. By integrating with any smartphone, Carrobot offers the most complete HUD experience to keep drivers focused on the road.”
Key Carrobot features:
- High-resolution display - advanced holographic display technology projects virtual images 8 ft. beyond the windshield. The display uses a high brightness TFT screen 30x brighter than the average smartphone. Automatic brightness adjust allows you to view the image clearly whether it’s daytime or night.
- Smart voice interaction - connect Carrobot C2 with your mobile phone via Bluetooth, then activate by saying “Hey, carrot!” Use voice commands (powered by Google Voice) to answer and make phone calls, send and receive SMS and tweets, and connect with mobile apps to provide calendar updates or restaurant recommendations, among other things.
- Project your mobile phone screen to HUD - supports both iOS and Android devices. Project any interface of mobile apps to the HUD screen. Carrobot strongly recommends that you project only driving-related apps for your safety.
- Fatigue and distraction detection - front IR camera detects signs of driver fatigue and distraction, alerting you to help you stay safe on the road. Carrobot C2 can warn drivers instantly if your vehicle veers out of the lane or is too close to other vehicles ahead.
- Smart navigation - access to real-time traffic information helps drivers avoid traffic delays, find what you need fast with turn-by-turn directions, be alerted to speed-limit changes and traffic cameras, and search for specific destinations.
- Mobile app - easily set navigation destinations, store Wi-Fi passwords, link social media accounts, send location to family and friends, and self-diagnose car problems with the proprietary app for iOS and Android.
- Wireless connectivity - via Bluetooth 4.0 or Wi-Fi.
The Indiegogo campaign officially launches on October 13, 2016 and will run for 30 days. Backers will have the opportunity to pre-order Carrobot C2 Pro starting at $299. The company will also offer Carrobot C2 Lite, which is available starting at $149. There will also be a variety of bundle options including car digital video recorder, tire pressure monitoring, and rearview camera adaptor for $399, $499 and $599. At the close of the campaign, Carrobot will begin manufacturing and is set to ship within the first quarter of 2017.