Molex, LLC will bring a range of Rockwell Automation Encompass Program solutions to the upcoming Rockwell Automation Fair® 2015, November 18 -19, Chicago, IL. At booth 1070, Molex will present three different demonstrations and multiple displays featuring advanced automation technologies.
One of the developments Molex will focus on is the recent approvals of its SST ControlLogix and CompactLogix backplane communication modules, such as UL Class I Div2 and ATEX, for use in hazardous environments. Applications include oil and gas, petrochemical, wastewater, milling, mining, and refining.
“Among our top priorities is putting knowledge and best-in-class industrial solutions in the hands of customers,” says George Kairys, global product manager, Molex. “An expanding portfolio of SST communication and Woodhead® electrical solutions underscores our expertise and commitment as an Encompass Program partner.”
Molex Booth Demonstrations
- Universal Modbus Module Demonstration features the updated CompactLogix communication module simultaneously transferring data between Modbus serial and Modbus TCP devices.
- PROFIBUS Module Demonstration features the updated CompactLogix Profibus master/slave communication module simultaneously transferring data between various PROFIBUS devices.
- Safety Toolkit for CIP Safety Scanner and Adapter demonstrates the exchange of data between controllers and various safety devices.
Molex Booth Product Displays
Fully integrated into the Rockwell Automation environment, Molex SST communication modules and software maximize network flexibility and enable rapid connection of Rockwell ControlLogix systems to PROFIBUS, EtherNet/IP and other networks for high-speed, deterministic communication. Product displays at the Molex booth include:
- SST ControlLogix PROFIBUS DP-V0 Slave Modules, which streamline and optimize the performance of automation equipment on a PROFIBUS DP-V0 network for ControlLogix controllers in standard, harsh and corrosive environments.
- A linking device with on-board PROFIBUS and Ethernet communication ports, the SST IP67 PB3 Remote Module for PROFIBUS provides a fast, easy solution for adding PROFIBUS master and slave connectivity to Rockwell Logix Controllers. The harsh-duty design allows the PB3 module to be installed directly on the machine or in the field for close proximity to devices, which lowers cabling costs and eliminates the added expense of enclosure mounting.
- Featuring conformal coating and the ability to be used in wide temperature ranges, SST CLXT Modules are harsh-duty communication components for Rockwell XT PLCs.
- SST Ethernet and Serial Communication Modules provide faster and easier connection from Modbus serial, Modbus/TCP and Siemens Industrial Ethernet to Rockwell Automation ControlLogix and CompactLogix controllers.
- Software Stack Development Kits, which are now available in the Rockwell Encompass Program, allow implementation of EtherNet/IP and CIP Safety protocols and are easy and cost effective to integrate.
“Supporting flexible network designs, our integrated in-chassis SST communication modules provide easy configuration, commissioning, and diagnostics for seamless integration in small-to-large Rockwell architectures used in process control, factory automation and complex machinery,” adds Kairys.
Also on display at the Molex booth will be Molex Woodhead electrical and safety solutions, including wiring devices, portable lighting, GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupters), cord and cable reels, wire mesh grips, a LED Wide-Area Portable Magnet Light and portable power. A trusted name for exceptional performance in harsh environments, Woodhead products improve worker safety while delivering high performance and longer service life.
For more information, please visit Molex booth 1070 or www.molex.com/link/sstcommunicationmodules.html.