Jaunt, Inc., the industry leader in cinematic virtual reality (VR), today announced that the award-winning Jaunt ONE™ camera, which was carefully crafted and designed with visionary, professional VR creators in mind, will be available for direct to consumer sale through a network of resellers. Joining the network of providers making the camera available to the VR creative community is The Studio-B&H. Current rental outlets AbelCine and Radiant Images will also be part of the Jaunt ONE reseller network.
Ahead of the 2017 National Association of Broadcasters Show, Jaunt also unveiled several new Jaunt ONE features including support for 120 frames per second capture, real-time video feed, and updates to white balance correction in the Jaunt ONE’s companion software suite, Jaunt Cloud Services (JCS).
“Demand for the Jaunt ONE has been unwavering since we introduced it to rental houses last summer,” said Koji Gardiner, VP of Hardware Engineering at Jaunt. “The natural next step was to provide filmmakers the ability to own the camera. These filmmakers are pushing the creative boundaries as they eagerly explore the medium and we could not be more proud to provide them with the only professional-grade VR camera designed specifically for their craft."
Key Jaunt ONE features include:
- 24-camera array with synchronized global shutter sensors, providing full 360° stereoscopic coverage at up to 8K output resolution
- Best-in-class stereo image quality with dynamic exposure control enabling up to 18-stops of scene dynamic range
- Easy-to-use with onboard media storage for up to 20 hours of continuous recording and integration with industry-standard batteries and accessories
- Rugged & reliable design built to withstand extreme conditions and production tested worldwide
- Versatile rigging options for mounting Jaunt ONE to a tripod, dolly, Steadicam, camera car, cable cam, and more
- NEW – Support for capturing up to 120 frames per second
- NEW – Real-time monitoring of up to eight Jaunt ONE modules, enabling the user to preview what the camera is seeing prior to recording
The Jaunt ONE camera, along with JCS and Jaunt’s full platform capabilities, will be on display at NAB in Las Vegas April 24-27 at the Jaunt booth # C2436 in Central Hall.
Koji Gardiner will be speaking on the following days and times:
- Saturday, April 22 at 11:15 a.m.: participating in “Virtual Reality Rising: The Future of Editing Workflows, A Panel Discussion” hosted by Avid at The Wynn Hotel
- Monday, April 24 at 4 p.m.: presenting in the NAB Virtual and Augmented Reality Pavilion, located in the North Hall
- Tuesday, April 25 at 10:45 a.m. and 3:15 p.m.: speaking about the Jaunt ONE workflow at the B&H booth, Central Hall - C10415
Also speaking at NAB on behalf of Jaunt, Chief Technology Officer Arthur van Hoff will be part of the “The Acronym Game | Emerging Technologies (VR, AR, 360)” panel, happening on Saturday, April 22 at 12 p.m., located in the Nikko room at SLS Las Vegas.
VP of Marketing Communications Miles Perkins will join the “VR Distribution” panel hosted by AbelCine, taking place on Wednesday, April 26 at 10 a.m. in the AbelCine booth, Central Hall – C8215
The Jaunt ONE camera continues to be available for rent through Radiant Images and AbelCine.
For more information about the Jaunt ONE camera and Jaunt Cloud Services, please visit: https://www.jauntvr.com/jaunt-one/