While the military robotics market is home to the most cutting-edge robotic technologies and the personal robotics market brings automation to the masses, the industrial market is the only segment in which robots have established a lengthy history of providing a tangible ROI to users. Industrial robots have been used successfully by companies to reduce manufacturing, production and labor costs, to eliminate dirty, dangerous and dull work tasks, and to foster enhanced manufacturing production efficiency, quality and consistency.
This study examines the markets for industrial robotics, offering forecasts of industrial robot shipments and revenues to 2015, segmented by major geographic region, type of robot, and end-use industry. It also describes trends in the major components that make up industrial robotics, with forecasts of shipments and revenues to 2015, also segmented by major geographic region. Finally, it considers the leading vendors that produce and integrate industrial robotic technologies.
What Questions Does This Report Answer?
- What is an industrial robot?
- What is the outlook for the industrial robotics market?
- Which segments dominate the market for industrial robots, and how will it evolve over the forecast period?
- What are the drivers of the industrial robotics market?
- What are the barriers to growth?
- Which companies currently lead the market for industrial robots?
- How do cultural perceptions in different regions shape their markets for personal robots?
- Which geographic regions will see the greatest number of shipments, and revenues, stemming from sales of industrial robots?
- How do sales of industrial robots differ by type of robot?
- Which types of industrial robots are used most often by manufacturers?
Who Needs This Report?
- Automotive component manufacturers
- Automotive OEMs
- Custom/specialty manufacturers
- Green Technologies manufacturers
- Electrical/electronic components manufacturers
- Electrical/electronic products manufacturers and assemblers
- Rubber and plastics manufacturers
- Food and beverage manufacturers and processors
- Pharmaceuticals and cosmetics manufacturers
- Venture capital investors